How to Shop
How do I shop using the online store? There are 5 several ways to find the products that you want to buy:
- Browse the aisles by clicking on the departments e.g. bakery. You can then filter down to a smaller category using the filters at the top of the page
- Search for products using the search box (the list will be alphabetically sorted)
- Use the “Rest of shelf” link to take you to similar products.
- Use your Favourites list - a handy tool which remembers everything you´ve previously bought online with us.
- Use the Promotions list. This shows a list of products that are on promotion. You can filter this to a shorter list using the departments at the top of the page.
How do I add products to my basket? You can add products from anywhere on the website using the add button.
Products might be added by quantity or weight, and some products can be either.
- Add by quantity – press add to put one in your basket, or you can add more than one quantity at a time by using the text box and pressing add
- Add by weight – press add to put 100g into your basket, or amend the weight you would like in the text box and press add
- Add by quantity or weight – select whether you would like to add by weight or quantity, then use the same instructions as above.
How can I make my shopping trip quicker? Using Favourites is the fastest way to shop. Every time you buy a product online this is saved in your Favourites and will be there for the next time you shop, so you can find the things you regularly buy quickly and easily. You just have to sign in to your account, and go to the Favourites tab.
Alternatively you could try using the “Rest of shelf” links. These are located next to each of the products that you see when you have searched for something. They are also next to each product in your Favourites. Clicking this link will take you to the ‘shelf’ where you will see a small selection of similar products.
What are my Favourites? Favourites is a handy tool which remembers all the items you have bought in any previous online shops. They will be there in the Favourites tab so you can find the things you want to buy again quickly and easily the next time.
Using Favourites is the fastest way to shop. Every time you buy a product online this is saved in your Favourites and will be there for the next time you shop, so you can find the things you regularly buy quickly and easily. You just have to login to your account, and go to the Favourites tab.
Where can I see my Favourites? Once you´ve signed in, you will be able to see all your Favourites by going to the Favourites tab at the top of the screen.
Why are there no products in my Favourites list? Your Favourites list will only contain products once you have completed your first order with us.
Is it possible to remove items from my Favourites list? Unfortunately this is not possible at present, but we’re working on our systems to enable you to do this in the future.
How do I amend the products in my shopping trolley? Adjusting the items is easy using your shopping trolley. Click the ‘View full trolley’ button on the right of the screen at the bottom of your basket. This will display all the items you have in your basket and the quantity.
Find the product you want to adjust and click the increase or decrease buttons to change the amount in your basket.
You can also update the quantity or delete a product from your trolley directly in the shopping basket to the right of the screen throughout your shopping trip.
Is it safe to shop online? Yes, it is very safe to shop online with us. All of your details are stored securely including any payment card details you enter via the website. They are kept confidential, and are held in full compliance with Czech law.
There are a number of people involved in your shopping trip, all of whom are dedicated to making sure you receive great service and great quality. Our expertly trained shoppers always pick from the back of the shelves to ensure you get the freshest produce and the longest sell by dates. They also carefully select fruit and vegetables as if they were shopping for themselves. They ask themselves the question "would I buy it?" and therefore do not send out anything that is not of the highest quality.
When packing your produce our team are trained to separate food from non food, chilled from frozen and heavy items at the bottom to avoid any squashing. Just like you would if you were shopping for yourself.
We also store all products in climate controlled areas- even in our vans. This ensures that your shopping is delivered in top condition and arrives at the correct temperature.
What is an e-coupon?
An eCoupon is an electronic coupon code, which you can use to save money on your grocery order.
E-coupon codes are made up of letters and numbers, i.e. ABC123.
How do I use an e-coupon?
- Log in to your Tesco account or register if you are new to Tesco
- Add the products you want to buy to your Shopping trolley and check out your order
- On the payment page, there is an eCoupons section. Enter your eCoupon code into the textbox and click on ‘Use Code’ button to add your eCoupon to your order
- The eCoupon discount is automatically deducted from the total of your shopping before you pay.
Why is my e-coupon not working?
- Have you entered the eCoupon code correctly? Re-enter the code to check if you have made a typing error
- Are the dates of the eCoupon valid? ECoupons have an expiry date, so please check whether your eCoupons are valid for your order. Your eCoupon must be valid on day of delivery to be applicable.
- Was the eCoupon sent directly to you? Sometimes our eCoupons are restricted and can only be used by the person they are sent to
- Have you used the eCoupon the maximum number of times? Some of our eCoupons can only be used once; others have no restrictions on use.
- Is there a minimum spend? Some of our eCoupon codes can only be used when you spend a minimum amount.
- Have you entered more than one eCoupon? Some eCoupons cannot be used in the same order as other eCoupons.
- Are you trying to add your eCoupon to a different Tesco website? Our eCoupons can only be used on the grocery website of the country, where they are issued.
Please note, eCoupons are subject to restrictions. See the Terms & Conditions of the eCoupon for more details.